Deciding to work with a CIBC Wood Gundy Investment Advisor could be the best choice you make where your financial future is concerned. While you're exploring a possible relationship with us, you will have (and should have) many questions about what we offer and stand for. Should you then opt to work with us, here's how to maximize the value we can bring:
Creating a positive relationship with us begins with being candid.
By law, your Investment Advisor must thoroughly assess your financial situation using a "Know Your Client" form. This information gathering tool is intended to ensure your advisor gets a true picture of your personal situation. If he or she only has a partial understanding, you'll only get a partial solution.
Share Key Information
We build our relationships based on trust. Your CIBC Wood Gundy Investment Advisor can do more for you if he or she can review key documents related to your financial life. By providing this information, you empower your advisor to address your investment goals and concerns. Use the checklist below to prepare for a discussion with your Investment Advisor: you'll have a more productive dialogue if you do so.
- Statements from current/past investments
- Tax returns for the previous one to five years
- Insurance policies (life, disability, critical illness)
- Pay stub for current and previous year
- Pension plan statement and/or plan document(s)
- Details of any major current/future debt obligation(s)
- Anticipated major milestones and purchases
- Significant inheritance and/or future Will provisions
- Sizeable charitable commitments to be addressed
- Particulars about property and/or other noteworthy assets
- Other relevant documents related to your financial condition
Use our Find An Advisor tool to locate a CIBC Wood Gundy Investment Advisor near you and take the first step to achieving the financial future you want.
The information contained herein is considered accurate at the time of posting. CIBC and CIBC World Markets Inc. reserve the right to change any of it without prior notice. It is for general information purposes only.
Clients are advised to seek advice regarding their particular circumstances from their personal tax advisors.