Create Financial Security With Life Insurance
Life insurance is absolutely essential to your having a sound financial strategy. It can provide both peace of mind and future security to those who depend on you. Life insurance guarantees a death benefit, the payment of a pre-determined amount of money on your death and is paid tax-free to the beneficiaries chosen by you.
Life insurance is typically used to provide for final expenses to retire outstanding debts, provide income for dependents, preserve capital for the next generation, endow charities and ensure business continuation. It is also used to create estates.
What's Your Need?
- Provides protection for an established period of time or until a certain age
- Ideal for mortgage protection insurance
- Meets the needs of families with young children as a way to supplement financial obligations
- Ideal to offset the risk of a family losing one of its key income earners
- Suitable if your insurance needs include immediate expenses, like short-term debt obligations
- May be able to convert into permanent coverage
- Designed to last throughout your life to provide for long-term needs and can remain in force until you die
- When you pass away, the amount of your coverage is paid to your named beneficiaries
- May also be able to build additional cash values in a tax-sheltered manner
- Some policies allow you to increase your insurance premiums and will maintain the excess in an investment environment
- Three popular forms of permanent insurance are: Term to 100, Universal Life and Whole Life
Let's Work Together
Determining which type of insurance you need is challenging. Your CIBC Wood Gundy Investment Advisor can provide the attention you deserve to determine the type of insurance that best meets your needs. Contact your CIBC Wood Gundy Investment Advisor, who can introduce you to a qualified Estate Planning Specialist (Financial Security Advisor in Quebec). To find out how we can help you, use our Find An Advisor tool to locate a CIBC Wood Gundy Investment Advisor near you.
The information contained herein is considered accurate at the time of posting. CIBC and CIBC World Markets Inc. reserve the right to change any of it without prior notice. It is for general information purposes only.
Clients are advised to seek advice regarding their particular circumstances from their personal tax advisors.
Insurance services are available through CIBC Wood Gundy Financial Services Inc. In Quebec, insurance services are available through CIBC Wood Gundy Financial Services (Quebec) Inc.